What is Dark Web?
You might have known the most popular search engines web like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. This is kind of web which is most visible to the public. But have you heard about the existence of other web called “The Dark Web”.
- The dark web has often been conflated with the deep web; the parts of the web not indexed (searchable) by search engines.
- The dark web forms a small part of the deep web but requires custom software.
- The dark web is a smaller part of the deep web that can’t be accessed without a special software like Tor, I2P, and Freenet.
A Dark and a Dangerous Place
The Dark Web is made up of digital communities that sit on top of the Internet. Over 50% of all sites on the Dark Web are used for criminal activities, including the disclosure and sale of digital credentials. Far too often, companies that have had their credentials compromised and sold on the Dark Web don’t know it until they have been informed by law enforcement but by then, it’s too late.
How does this happen?
When your employees use their work email on third party websites, it makes your business vulnerable to a breach. With our Dark Web Monitoring, we can detect if your company is at risk due to exposed credentials on CRM, Social Media, Travel sites, etc.
WHY MONITORING FOR EXPOSED CREDENTIALS IS IMPORTANT
HOW ARE CREDENTIALS COMPROMISED?
WHAT CAN AN ATTACKER DO WITH COMPROMISED CREDENTIALS?
- Send Spam from Compromised Email Accounts
- Deface Web Properties and Host Malicious Content
- Install Malware on Compromised Systems
- Compromise Other Accounts Using the Same Credentials
- Exfiltrate Sensitive Data (Data Breach)
- Identity Theft
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS?
By utilizing Dark Web ID™, a combination of human and sophisticated Dark Web intelligence with search capabilities, you can identify, analyze and proactively monitor for your organization’s compromised or stolen employee and customer data.
- PREVENT : Attacks on networks may be inevitable, but proactive monitoring of stolen and compromised data allows you to respond to a threat immediately to prevent a major breach.
- REPORT: With 80,000+ compromised emails daily, the platform provides extensive reporting capabilities to track and triage incidents.
- MONITOR 24/7/365: Hidden chat rooms Private websites Peer-to-peer networks IRC (internet relay chat) channels Social media platforms Black market sites 640,000+ botnets.
- PREDICT: Dark Web ID allows us to see industry patterns long before they become trends and offers the intelligence to keep you and your employees more protected.
HOW ‘DARK WEB ID’ PROTECTS YOUR BUSINESS
- Connects to multiple Dark Web services including Tor, I2P and Freenet, to search for compromised credentials, without requiring you to connect to these high-risk services directly.
- Provides intelligent awareness of compromised credentials before breaches occur.
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT
- Compromised credentials are used to conduct further criminal activity.
- Employees often use the same password for multiple services exponentially increasing the potential damage from a single compromised credential
- Limited visibility when credentials are stolen; over 75% of compromised credentials are reported to the victim’s organization by a third party, such as law enforcement.
- Platform: We are accessing the Dark Web and scanning it to capture the information related to your specific domain. The platform that we have is built specifically to scan the dark web content and bring back the data that is available for sale.
- Dedicated team : There is a specific team who does this as it is a specialized activity.
- Reports& Actions: The relevance of the reports can be known from the sheer amount of information that is presented by the system to the audience. The content can be as real-time as today and hence it can help the organizations stay ahead of the potential hacking parties. One can know what information related to the official domain is getting leaked and can be used as a hacking content against the organization. This report / information works like the secret service where the organization can know what all content is get out in the open and what all fronts need to be secured and what all to protect.